Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's time to PARTYYYY (well almost)

It's the end of the year and that's when everything starts to be hectic.  School kids have exams, uni students have assessments and I will be graduating from my dreaded 4 year Bachelor course in 2 weeks.  Putting the stressful part aside, it is also a time of celebration.

Melbourne Cup Day is the closest one that comes to mind.  I have been invited to the Melbourne Cup Day exclusive Luncheon on 3 November 2009.


The invitation is so pretty!  The cover has a gloss print of horse and horseshoe canvas on thick wax paper.  True professionalism.

Unfortunately, as my assignment due date draws near, I am unable to attend such event.  Oh what shame :(  But I will be at the Cocktail Cruise on 'The Blue Room Vessel' on 8 Novemeber 2009.

It just so happens that the event is held on my birthday. YAY!  I shall be 23 in just 15 days.  Only two more years till I can't say that I'm in my early twenties anymore.  It seemed like yesterday when I turned 18 and partied like a wild animal.  Now I'm just old.



It is a known fact that my photography fails so bare with me.

The Blue Room – Sydney Harbour features:

Top entertaining deck with retractable roof and bar perfect for pre dinner drinks and canapés.

Dining Room featuring 360 degree views of Sydney Harbour, with ceiling to floor glass, dance floor, lounge area and full air conditioning.

Contemporary décor throughout the vessel.

Lounge area with ottomans.
(Description and image copied from http://www.harbourfunctionsrus.com.au/v92-MV_Blue_Room.php

Blue Room Vessel

Dining Area with panoramic views of the Sydney harbour 

I've been invited last year but didn't go for reasons I cannot recall so this year I have to make up for it by eating twice the amount of canapés (and also eating for...you know who you are XD). 

Checking the Blue Room website, the cocktail menu is $48.00 per head! 200 guests would be $9600. I guess thats quite cheap considering how most Sovereign Room members lose that much in 20minutes.

I have been slacking in updating this blog simply because I have nothing interesting going on in my life apart from eating, uni, chatting on msn and skyping.

My food blog is much more active and that shows how much I spend on food (THAT MEANS GO HAVE A VISIT - Sugar's Sweet Blog).  It's quite depressing where I am struggling to find $2000-$3000 to rapid prototype my model but I'm still eating out so much.

Star City
Blue Room Vessel

No comments:

Post a Comment