Thursday, October 1, 2009

Holiday on the Gold Coast

Wheeeee! Surprise holiday to the Gold Coast on Saturday.  Since mum cancelled her flight to China due to the dust storm~she have decided to go to the Gold Coast as previously planned :D.

Upon arrival, we were whisked away by an extended Limo courtesy of Conrad Jupiters. We stayed there for 2 nights.  The room was MUCH smaller than Star City but their hospitality was great so no complaints there!

Our room wasn't ready so we safekept our luggage with the concierge and went to Movieworld via...TAXI.  It was a very stupid idea as the cab fare was $50 dollars!! WTF.  Such a rip. 

The place was the same as the last time I visited in 2005 except they changed the show 'Police Academy' to 'Stunt Driver'.  Both are very exciting shows mind you. 

Some of the cool stunts during the show "Stunt Driver"

I admit that I'm a whimp and therefore did not try out any of the so called 'thrill rides' like the Superman Escape or Lethal Weapon but hey I went on the Scooby Doo ride and that was pretty much the most thrilling ride that I am capable of handleing.


Superman Escape Ride. This rides goes from 0 - 100km in just 2 seconds! And look at that almost vertical drop!  You can't blame me for whimping out can you?!
The sky is grey due to the Dust Storm :'(

Tired and hungry, we went back to the hotel via bus only to be lost in the middle of nowhere since my mum pointed to some random building claiming to the Conrad Jupiters.  Finally arriving back to the hotel, me and my mum fought for the shower while my dad and bro decided to be stinking men and watched the Simpsons.

Dinner was served at Spinners inside of Conrad Jupiters.

Entree: Caesar Salad with Smoked Salmon, Egg and Advocado

Garlic Prawns

Grilled Snapper with Garden Salad and Chips


200g Sirlion in Mushroom Sauce (Medium Rare) with Cesear Salad, potato and bacon

and...Beef Fajita to pop my Mexican Food cherry
Beef with capiscum, onion, advocado mash, salsa, sour cream and tortilla

******************************************************

The second day was spent at Dreamworld.  Of course being a whimp, this world is totally not for me but tickets were complimentary of Conrad Jupitors :P

The tiger show was very exciting even for the second time.  My family were obviously impressed.  Did you know that tigers can leap more than 6 meters, climb trees and knock an elephant on the ground with its paws?  If you happen to anger one of those babies~your chances of survival are... pretty slim.

11 Year old Bengal Tiger enjoying the good'o Aussie Pura Milk


Leaping off the pole

Look at those lazy koalas.  They sleep for 22 hours a day and the 2 hours awake are spent chewing on gum leaves.  What a wonderful life.




Me touching a CUTE wombat :D

We shuffled ourselves to White Water World at 2pm.  To be honest, this place is a crappier version of Wet'n Wild with minimal rides (probably around 6).  I can't believe we got changed at 2pm and managed to leave by 4:30pm.  My mum didn't even get wet!

We spent the rest of the day at Surfers Paradise Bouverlard.  It has a Galleria (duty free shop with all the nice designers), Hard Rock Cafe, the BIGGEST Timezone I've ever seen, Bowling, a...CONDOM KINGDOM and ASA (Australia Shooting Academy) where my dad and bro had a nice time shooting with 2 different types of rifles.
 
Shooting at a 30 meter distance.

And the end result...


What can I say...my dad is too pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment