Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whee my very 1st post!

First of all, welcome to my blog! This is my very first blog so I'm very excited *shriek*!
So I’ll start off by introducing myself. I’m Betty, female, 22 and single so if you are interested please contact me. @_@ I joke.


Anyway, yesterday I’ve discovered this mighty good site for Chinese people that are away from their country but still wishes to buy stuff in China…all in the comfort of your own home! This site is called “Panli” which helps people like me buy all the goodies in China. What you do is you register and you can start to shop like crazy on sites such as “Taobao” and “Dangdang” which are the Chinese equivalent of Ebay.

When you have found what you like, copy the link and paste it on Panli, they will then buy it for you and mail it over to your overseas address. You pay a 10% service fee on your purchased items but come on! A bag for 30 yuan + 3 service fee = nothing in aussie dollars. "WHY DO I WANT TO DO THAT?" You ask, well most sellers do not mail to overseas and if you are buying say 25 things from different sellers, your shipping fee will SOAR! Panli collects all of your shopping and ship it to you in bulk therefore saving you a lot of money :D Neat right?

So after banging my head on my laptop on why I did not find this site years ago, I started to do what a girl do best...Shop!

I spent around 4-5hours scanning every inch of the site looking for bargains and bought 4 bags, 3 pairs of shoes, fake eyelashes (never tried them but they are too cheap to resist) and whole heap of other stuff. Now, I shall wait patiently for my items to arrive at my door step.

The only downside is that I shopped till nearly 4am and my poor little eyes just resisted to open itself in the morning. After struggling to get up, I took a snooze in the car chauffeured by my dad<3

A 15minute presentation for my Industrial Design Major Project is due next Monday and they wanted a 1:1 sketch model so I spent the whole of my afternoon battling with foam, band saw and the disk sander. I managed to get the base done with 1 missing wheel cause the stupid workshop closes at 5pm.
My base parts
Charlene trying to draw 81 circles on that huge ass cardboard
Roxanne building her modular furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment