Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dust Storm

My brother is crazy. Really, he is. He thought that 6.50am was nearly 9am and nearly late for school so he decided to wake me up by charging into my room screaming

"LOOK SIS THE SKY IS ORANGE!!"

At first, I thought it was just the sunrise and screamed at him for waking me this early but when I opened my eyes, the sky was really orange!

I jumped out of bed and started to snap pictures on my camera. It was a spectacular sight with everything swaying in a wind of orange.

They were taken outside my window and please don't mind the fuzzy pictures...it was at 7am and I was VERY sleepy plus it was meant to because the orange colour was all dust.


According to Ninemsn, the wind storm originated in South Australia and moved its way up to NSW and Brisbane. My friend Jeremy who lives in QLD said his whole room was orange at around 8am his time. So lucky that I closed my window the night before~otherwise my room will be the same. Although my windows were tightly shut, I could still smell the dirt and there was a very thin layer of orange dirt on my poor laptop which is placed right next to the window Y~Y.

My friend Xiaoxiao was meant to fly to China today but her flight was cancelled due to the dust storm. My mum's flight to China is tomorrow. I hope everything is well for both of them :/

Although my brother is a bit retarded in the head for being unable to tell the time, he did the right thing for waking me up so early today. Kudos to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment