Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mamma Mia! The Musical

Went to watch Mamma Mia! The musical on 3 December.  It is a heart warming musical that based songs by ABBA.  Set in a Greek Island called Calicos, a 20 year old girl named Sophie tries to find her dad that she've never met to walk her down the wedding aisle and give her away.  This comes in a dilemma as she discovers that she has 3 potential 'fathers' so she invites all 3 of them to her wedding in hope of finding her real dad between the three.

The musical was adapted into a film in 2006 and was premiered in July 2008.  As of 19 August 2009, it is the 13th longest running Broadway musical of all time with 2,343 performances surpassing famous musicals such as 'The Sound of Music' and 'The King and I'.

Mamma Mia! Is currently on show at the Lyric Theatre Star City.  Tickets could be booked through Ticketek.

Photos that I sneakily took during the performance!







I noticed someone sitting just two rows infront of me and tried to find him during the scene break but failed.  I managed to take a photo of him at the end of the show. Hoho.


It's Geoff Field from 104.1 2Day FM!

He was with his husband Jason Kerr. How sweet :3

Oh! and I just realised that Geoff is following Tony Abbott on Twitter.  Reminded me of a little mishap a while ago when my mum was picking me up from uni at 11pm.  She parked her car at the entrance to the ABC building which is next to my faculty but that was Mr. Abbott's car space! LOLOL.  The security was staring at the car but didn't make a move as it was the same car brand but still thought it was suspicious.  It was not until Mr. Abbott's car arrived and he realised that my mum's car was not his.  Poor Tony had to park elsewhere but my mum drove off 2 minutes later since I arrived.

But yes...I'll try to blog more frequently...

1 comment: